Solar panels are not the right choice for everybody. For example, if you’re planning on selling your home within the next 5 years, then it might not make financial sense to invest in the installation of solar panels. And if your roof is in need of repairs or replacement, you might also want to wait before installing solar panels as you can read from these tips and advice.
But if you can say yes to these questions, then solar panels may be perfect for you:
- Do you want to create your own source of electricity?
- Do you own your home (with or without a mortgage)?
- Is your roof in good condition?
- Does your home receive adequate sunlight (not in the shade 24/7)?
- Do you plan to stay put for at least 5 more years?
Everybody has different reasons for installing home solar panels. Your reasons for considering solar panels may be the same as the ones listed above. In any case, it’s worth looking into it further.