The kitchen is very important section of the home’s interior design. And as every part of the house even kitchen has to undergo some changes from time to time. You have basically three options. You can reface the kitchen, remodel it or refinish it. The refinishing of the kitchen is the easiest thing to do. The cabinets in the kitchen have the most visual impact. Especially the doors are the most important part from the cabinet, the most notable. Let’s see how it can be done.
Refinishing the cabinets
1. First step should be removing the doors from the kitchen cabinets rta and also taking down all the hardware for better operating with the whole cabinet.
2. After this you should sand the surface so it will feel smooth again. For good application of the color the surface should be also cleaned. You should scrub the doors out of the dirt and the grease. To do this you will need to apply heavy-duty degreaser. Since this step is very important and can influence the outcome of your project, it is highly advisable to use only the best degreaser you can get. There are online portals selling high quality degreasers with reviews, so you can buy the appropriate degreaser for your situation. Learn more – click here.
3. You should observe the condition of the existing finish. If it is good than you can apply just one coat of enamel. If the finish is too old, worn or nicked you should put two coats. The first coat is called the undercoat or underbody, the second is called top coat. The enamel can be high gloss, but you can also use the semi-gloss enamel with less glossy finish.
4. After this you can start painting the doors. You can paint the doors with the brush or with the spray. You can also use the small mohair roller or the mohair faced applicator. The spray is the best way because the color looks good with any kind of finishes – semi-gloss or high gloss. If you know how to properly work with the paint brush you can use that instead, it also fits to both finishes.
5. You should not forget to clean the rest of the cabinet from the dirt and grease.
6. The cabinet hardware can be replaced for new one or cleaned in soapy water. After drying you can apply the polish.
7. Then when everything is clean, painted and dry put it all together.
Refinishing your cabinets will give you a fresh and clean working place. You can be even playful with the colors and bring something new to the kitchen.